Butternut Squash Soup.
You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 medium of Butternut Squash.
- You need 4 medium of Carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- You need 1 medium of Chilli.
- Prepare 1 of Boiling Water.
- Prepare 2 of Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- It’s 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Drizzle some oil and sprinkle some salt over the Butternut Squash (cut in half length ways and deseeded). Roast in the oven at 180°F for around 40 minutes until soft..
- Whilst the Squash is in the oven, slice the Carrots and put on to boil until soft..
- Once the Squash and Carrots are soft, add the Onion (diced), Garlic (minced), Paprika, and chilli (finely chopped) to a soup pan with a little oil and fry for around 5 minutes until Onions are translucent..
- Drain the Carrots, removed flesh from Squash and mash both together using a potato masher..
- Add mashed Squash and Carrots to the soup pan with Onions and cover with boiling water. Crush and sprinkle over the Vegetable Stock Cubes and stir..
- Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for around 30 minutes – serve!.