Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. Stuff each mushroom cap with sausage mixture and place on a baking sheet. Fill each mushroom generously with the sausage mixture. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish large enough to hold all the.
Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish large. An easy and crowd pleasing appetizer – these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms have fresh mushrooms. Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are crunchy on top with a creamy and juicy center. You can cook Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms using 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- It’s 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
They are loaded with flavor and really stand out as a holiday party appetizer. Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are stuffed mushroom caps with creamy and delicious mixture of onions, garlic, chopped mushroom stems, and sausage! These are a must make for your next party! Perfect for a party, or as a side dish for your meal. you have to try these sausage stuffed mushrooms!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms. You should have a small hollowed out space in the mushroom where the stem used to be. Save 5 stems for stuffing mixture..
- Finely chop the mushroom stems you saved..
- Chop green onion in thin slices..
- Cook breakfast sausage in a frying pan until browned. (Make sausage crumbly.).
- Drain all of the grease off of the sausage..
- Put cooked sausage in a glass bowl large enough to mix..
- Add the package of cream cheese to the sausage while it is still warm so the cream cheese mixes easier..
- After the cream cheese and sausage are mixed add the chopped stems and green onion to the mixture and mix until all ingredients are evenly mixed..
- Using a spoon, fill the mushrooms with the stuffing mixture..
- Place all of the filled mushrooms in a pan with a metal rack and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until stuffing has browned. (You don't have to use a rack, but it lets the juice from the mushrooms fall in the pan underneath.).
- Remove mushrooms from oven after fully cooked and let them rest for 3 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy! (Try using bacon instead of sausage!).
These sausage stuffed mushrooms are baked with a bread crumb filling. These sausage stuffed mushrooms are simple and tasty, and they make a fabulous appetizer. Pass around a plate of these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms from Delish.com at your next dinner If you are looking for an easy holiday appetizer, sausage stuffed mushrooms are the perfect thing. These stuffed mushrooms are simple on assembly but big on flavor. There are a million and one versions of stuffed mushrooms out there, but this is the one that I consider to be my holy grail.