Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind. How to Make Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup.
Stir in chicken broth, bring to boil. Squash, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion cook up quickly into a thick, velvety soup that's ready in about an hour. Something I whipped up off the top of my head, with things I had on hand. You can have Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- You need 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- You need 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Super easy, quick, and a great way to use squash. An instant hit at my house." Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup. One Pot Moroccan Chicken Stew with Sweet Potato & Couscous. Add tomatoes, broth, chickpeas, butternut squash, lentils, and salt and pepper.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
A well-stocked spice cabinet is key for this hearty vegetarian stew. Tomato paste is another staple worth having on hand; make sure to purchase in the tube for easier measuring and a much longer shelf life. Moroccan Butternut Squash and Chickpea Tagine with Quinoa Recipe : This butternut squash This butternut squash and chickpea 'tagine' with quinoa has an amazing blend of spices, flavours and textures. I made a Moroccan style chicken dish for Passover, and this would have been a perfect. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs.