You can have Stuffed Mushrooms using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Mushrooms
- You need 24 of Whole fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Minced fresh garlic (I usually add more as we are garlic lovers).
- Prepare 16 oz of Cream cheese (softened).
- You need 1/2 cup of Parm cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
Stuffed Mushrooms instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Clean mushrooms and carefully de-stem. Cut off & discard the tough ends of stems, chopping the rest of stems very fine..
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to pan. Cook until moisture has disappeared, do not burn garlic. Cool..
- Stir in cream cheese, parm cheese, pepper, onion powder, and cayenne. Mix well..
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Toss or baste mushrooms in butter mixture until coated. I find this keeps the mushrooms nice and moist while cooking in the oven..
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each mushroom, I use a generous amount on each mushroom as we like them overstuffed..
- Bake in oven until browned, I find cooking times can vary depending on the amount of stuffing. Since we like ours overstuffed (and live at high altitudes) I cook mine for around 40-45 mins in order to get them browned to our liking. Start checking them after 20 mins and adjust to your liking..
- Let cool for 10 mins and serve!.