Simple Butternut Squash Soup. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible It's easy to make soups taste good by adding lots of fat or added sugar, but I wanted to make a healthy butternut squash soup that can be made without. This is the simplest butternut squash soup you'll ever make, but it's no less delicious for it.
Squash, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion cook up quickly into a thick, velvety soup that's ready in about an hour. Something I whipped up off the top of my head, with things I had on hand. Super easy, quick, and a great way to use squash. You can have Simple Butternut Squash Soup using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 of small butternut squash or 1/2 large one (500 g).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Prepare 500 ml of broth (I use vegetable or Kombu broth).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (if using unsalted broth).
- Prepare of optional garnish: chopped parsley and/or toasted cumin seeds.
An instant hit at my house." This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash. How to Make this Butternut Squash Soup. This recipe is simple and easy, starting with a base of chopped onions, celery, and carrots.
Simple Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- This is the size butternut squash I used. It was 500 g (450 g after peeled and seeds removed)..
- Peel butternut squash and remove seeds. Chop into bite-sized cubes. Cut onion into thin slices..
- Melt butter in a medium pot and sauté sliced onions in low heat until starting to turn slightly brown (about 7-10 minutes)..
- Add the butternut squash to the pot and stir around to coat with the butter and onions..
- Pour in enough broth to cover everything (about 450-500 ml). If using unsalted broth, add 1/2 tsp salt too..
- Bring to a boil then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for about 15 minutes until squash is soft..
- Turn off heat and purée the soup with a mixer. If you don't have a mixer of some sort, try mashing it up as much as possible with a fork (it will be a chunky soup this way). Taste and adjust seasoning..
- Dish out into bowls and garnish with some chopped parsley and or toasted cumin! (To toast cumin, simply heat about 1/2 tsp in a dry frying pan for a few minutes until it smells good. Be careful not to burn)..
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – This easy butternut squash soup recipe is truly the best with its simple flavors – the sweetness of the roasted squash is the This simple butternut squash soup is a welcome addition to the vegan soup recipes and I look forward to making it many more times during. Butternut squash is something I didn't appreciate until I was an adult. (Along with most other vegetables.) It was a silky butternut squash soup that first converted me. Today I've got a super simple five-ingredient roasted butternut squash soup recipe for you—with three ways to spice it up! This simple homemade butternut squash soup is the best I've ever tasted! It's super creamy (yet cream-less) and full of delicious roasted butternut flavor.