Devils On Horseback with Rosemary.
You can cook Devils On Horseback with Rosemary using 3 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Devils On Horseback with Rosemary
- You need 6 slice of bacon – thick-cut, air-dried, no water added (if possible).
- Prepare 12 of ready-to-eat soft prunes.
- You need 6 of sprigs rosemary, washed and gently patted dry.
Devils On Horseback with Rosemary instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 F/ 200 C..
- Get all the ingredients ready, with a baking tray, a pair of kitchen scissors and a cocktail stick or a skewer..
- Snip the woody ends of each rosemary sprig into two cocktail stick length pieces. Any spares bits can be put in a freezer bag and frozen for another time..
- On a board, take bacon slices and cut each one in half through the middle to make twelve smaller slices..
- Use a heavy knife to gently stretch a piece of bacon by holding it at a 45 degree angle to the bacon and dragging it away from you a few times, from one end to the other, bottom to top..
- Take a prune and lay it at the top of the piece of bacon, and roll the bacon up around it..
- Use the cocktail stick to make a hole through the rolled up prune and the bacon. Take out the cocktail stick and stick one piece of rosemary through the hole it made..
- Place it on the baking sheet..
- Repeat process until all ingredients are used up..
- Place baking sheet in the oven, and cook for 10 minutes, then use tongs to turn them over then give them a further 10 minutes..
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool completely before putting on a serving dish. Serve at room temperature..
- When eating, hold the rosemary and put into mouth, but pull the rosemary stalk out of the Devil on Horseback using your teeth to keep it in your mouth…basically, do not just pop in your mouth and chew, the rosemary stalk will be too hard to chew..