Stuffed Avocado with Garlic Shrimp.
You can have Stuffed Avocado with Garlic Shrimp using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Avocado with Garlic Shrimp
- Prepare 1 of avocado whole, medium.
- Prepare 2 cup of shrimp, med to lrg. raw or uncooked frozen (defrost prior to cooking).
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of coarse sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 of parsley or cilantro fresh, chopped.
- You need 1 of chill powder, optional.
Stuffed Avocado with Garlic Shrimp step by step
- Half the avocado and take the pit out.
- Scrape out most of the meat, leaving a very thin layer to hold up the shell better. Set aside.
- Chop up the meat into squares and place in a bowl. With your hands, squish the squares a little bit, to crush some but so that most keep their shape. Set aside..
- In a pan, place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the minced garlic and the shrimp..
- Add a dash of coarse sea salt, and over low heat, cook just until the shrimp turn pink Do not overcook, or they'll be dry and hard..
- Pour the shrimp with garlic and olive oil into the bowl with the avocado pieces..
- Add some chopped parsley or cilantro and mix well. If you want to incorporate some chill powder for extra flavour, do so now before mixing..
- Spoon the mixture into the avocado shells, sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper, and garnish with additional parsley/cilantro if desired..
- Serve immediately.
- You can also add a hardboiled quail egg as garnish, but it's not essential to the recipe..