Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers.
You can cook Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers
- It’s of Burger base.
- It’s 2 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 2/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (Italian style) more or less as preferred.
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground pepper and sea salt (to taste).
- It’s of "Additives".
- It’s 1 of sweet bell peppers (mix red, orange, yellow…about a 1/4 of each).
- You need 1 of green onion (spring onion/ scallions).
- You need 1/2 small of red onion (or any type).
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet or " seasoning peppers" or other hot pepper seeds removed (optional).
- It’s of Fixings/toppers/condiments.
- Prepare 1 of burger bun of your preference (I like onion).
- It’s 1 of salad cream or hummus spread.
- It’s 1 slice of of nice quality cheese (sharp or aged cheddar).
- It’s 1 of alfalfa sprouts, and thinly sliced: seedless cucumbers, red onion, grape tomatoes, avocado, red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms..
Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers instructions
- MAKE THE PATTIES….
- Layer 2 cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside..
- Mince veggies in the "Additives" section very finely (use a mini chopper or food processor if available) Total yield should be about 3/4 cup..
- Combine all burger mix ingredients with minced veggies in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Lay mixture on a smooth cutting board in a square or rectangle, divide into even sections depending on the size of your patties. (8-10).
- Roll each divided section into a ball then flatten into a burger shaped pattie..
- Coat patties lightly in flour (optional step), place on wax paper not touching. Freeze..
- Once fully frozen (overnight), cut the paper so each pattie has its own square. Store in a plastic freezer bag or other airtight container in the freezer..
- READY TO COOK?!!.
- When ready to cook, take burger(s) out of freezer, set aside. Prepare bun and fixins..
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium with a tiny bit of oil. Carefully place frozen burger into pan. Sear for 1-2 min each side, reduce heat to med-low. Cook another 6-7 minutes each side, gently press pattie occasionally to flatten and expel excess liquid..
- Remove pattie to a plate and allow to cool for a minute, then pop onto the waiting bun with fixins. Press gently to squish to a manageable size that will fit your chompers, then let the challenge begin! It's a practiced art form to eat a tall burger, and be ready for fallout if you used alot of fixins!!.
- Note: Can be cooked from frozen on a grillpress like a George Foreman (about 10 to 12 mins depending on grill, follow manufacturer cooking recommendations. Flip once 90° turn after 5 min for grid marks). And for you low carbers, serve bunless atop a bed of mixed baby greens and choice of toppers..