taisen's macaroni salad. This is a classic, tasty, easy macaroni salad recipe! Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and coated in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing. Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise.
Easy to make using Dukes mayonnaise, relish, tuna, veggies Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts. Best macaroni salad I have ever had. You can have taisen's macaroni salad using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of taisen's macaroni salad
- You need 1 box of of elbow noodles ( or any other shape you like ).
- It’s 1 of vinegar.
- You need 1 of sugar.
- It’s 1 of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of mustard.
- It’s 2 of sharp or mild blocks of cheese ( you can use any kind of cheese ).
- You need 1 packages of of celery stalks.
- You need 1 small of to medium onion if desired.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 hard boiled eggs if you like.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 4 of to 6 carrots diced small ( optional ).
I always get many requests for recipe. A colorful and flavorful macaroni salad made with hard cooked eggs, bell pepper and celery in a creamy dressing. Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad spells the holidays for me. Making your own Chicken Macaroni Salad Filipino Version is easy.
taisen's macaroni salad step by step
- cook the noodles until soft. drain them and let them cool off. I put mine in the fridge after rinsing with cool water. I also stir them with a spoon every so often.
- take out the cheese blocks. slice into small squares. cover stick in fridge.
- rinse and cut up the celery. cover and stick in fridge. Rinse and cut up anything else you want to add , including onion..
- take some vinegar and sugar. stick them in a saucepan. boil to dissolve the sugar stirring constant.
- with the vinegar and sugar you can add a beaten egg. I dont notice a difference and don't add this but my mother does. don't let the egg make chunks. stir it in whisking constant to avoid that. make sure it is cooked though.
- take this off the heat when finished. let it cool just a bit otherwise it will make the noodles hot again.
- take out the cooled noodles. mix in the vinegar and sugar mixture.
- add in celery.
- add onion if using that.
- add chopped boiled eggs if using them.
- add in cheese and mix this all up.
- add mayonnaise and a small amount of mustard. I add in about 2 to 4 teaspoons.
- add salt and pepper to your taste..
- mix well. taste. you can add extra vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. add more salt or pepper if needed or wanted.
- cover and chill in the fridge. serve cold.
It can be more enjoyable if you involve everyone in the family. This macaroni salad is made with hard-boiled eggs, chopped vegetables, and a distinctively seasoned mayonnaise dressing. It is fairly easy to throw together this meal, and it is a definite crowd-pleaser. This easy Classic Macaroni Salad recipe will impress your family and friends at your next picnic or BBQ. This dish pairs well with almost anything.