Pressure cook Mexican Casserole. Pressure cooker Mexican casserole is total comfort food! Pressure cooker Mexican casserole is total comfort food! Made in your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express it will become a new favorite pasta meal.
I bought mine on Amazon,and I love it. If you do not use crock pot liners, I recommend using cooking spray to help with clean up in the slow cooker. This pressure cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is so perfect for a busy day! You can cook Pressure cook Mexican Casserole using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure cook Mexican Casserole
- It’s 1 pound of ground turkey or chicken (I used 93% lean ground turkey).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 (10 ounce) of cans red enchilada sauce (mild or medium).
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 (15 ounce) of can fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices.
- You need 1 cup of corn kernels, fresh or frozen.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, cored and diced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- Prepare of For serving: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado.
- Prepare of chopped green onion, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Do an immediate pressure release and then add the cheddar and cream cheeses. And that is all there is to it. I hope you like this low carb Mexican casserole. For more delicious slow cooker recipes, scroll.
Pressure cook Mexican Casserole step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high. Add the turkey and onion. Cook and stir, breaking up the turkey as you go, until the turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bottom of a large pressure cooker..
- To the pressure cooker, add the enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Stir to combine, then cover and pressure cook on high for 25min..
- While cooking add 1 cup of quinoa to a small pot with 2 cups of water. Boil till water is absorbed..
- Quick release pressure to remove the lid and stir. Add quinoa and stir. Taste and adjust any seasonings as desired..
- Saute to desired consistently..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Serve hot with any desired toppings..
I will definitely make this again! I was hungry for a ground beef and rice casserole, and had (I thought) all of the ingredients on hand. A vegetarian Mexican quinoa casserole made in the slow cooker. Packed with sweet potatoes, black beans and taco seasoning The first time you try this method of cooking quinoa, make sure you're nearby so you can watch the slow cooker and figure out the. Mexican Egg Casserole Instant Pot Recipe.