Stetson chopped salad. Reviews for: Photos of Stetson Chopped Salad. Stetson Chopped Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe is from Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, AZ.
Arrange salad ingredients in separate rows on a large platter. To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a. Stetson Chopped Salad recipe: Chopped salad with arugula, cous cous, trail mix, dried corn, and marinated tomatoes. You can cook Stetson chopped salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stetson chopped salad
- Prepare 1 cup of Israeli couscous.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomato (I use a quality heirloom) make a day ahead of time because it will be marinated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freeze dried sweet corn (ordered on amazon).
- It’s 1/2 cup of craisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pepitas (toasted pumpkins seeds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly grated Asiago.
- You need 2 cups of chopped arugula.
- You need 3-4 oz of quality chopped smoked salmon (substitute chicken if you do not like salmon).
- It’s of Basil buttermilk ranch (see my recipe) I make the dressing for this 2 days ahead of time.
- Prepare of Avocado diced.
- It’s 1/4 of Balsamic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dried basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Evo.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Add your favorite meat or fish. This chopped salad recipe is packed with colorful vegetables and a variety of textures from whole grains, seeds and a creamy homemade dressing for a. What is the Stetson Chopped Salad? At the time, chef Bernie Kantak was Cowboy Ciao's executive.
Stetson chopped salad step by step
- The day before dice the tomatoes. Add the evo, balsamic, dried basil, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the tomatoes and coat well then add to an air tonight container and store over night in the fridge. Do not drown the tomatoes but merely allow them to be coated well..
- Boil the couscous first. When couscous is done drain them of any excess water then rinse under cool water to remove some of the starch so they don’t stick together, set aside. Make sure you buy the pearls and not couscous mixed with rice, see picture below..
- Lay the arugula down first then divide the ingredients however you want between two bowls/plates of your choice and grate fresh Asiago on top followed by the dressing, mix well..
- I like to add the salad to a mixing bowl, add the dressing, grate the cheese, toss really well then add back to the plate or bowl and serve with garlic cheese bread..
This Stetson Chopped Salad is most popular in Arizona and the Wild West. Known as a cowboy's salad, it begins with a base of couscous and arugula topped with corn kernels, cherry tomatoes. This is a great salad for dinner parties. It's not only impressive looking, it's delicious and makes for great leftovers. How to Make Stetson Chopped Salad.