Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 1 medium of pre-roasted chicken.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 8 of corn tortillas, halved and cut into strips.
- You need 1 large of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 4 of chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth (low sodium).
- You need 12 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 12 oz of corn, frozen or fresh.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, washed and strained.
- It’s 2 medium of fresh ripe tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- You need 1 of avocado, diced.
- Prepare 1 of lime wedges.
- It’s 6 oz of queso panela, crumbled.
Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Pull apart the pre-roasted chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside. I like to do this first because it gets a bit messy. Prep all the ingredients before you start cooking. Reserve a handful of chopped onion and hand full of chopped cilantro for garnishing the top of the soup..
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. I like to use coconut oil but you can use whatever you like. Add half the tortilla strips and cook, continuously stirring, until golden (about 1 minute). Remove the cooked strips with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining half of the tortilla strips..
- Using the same pot, reduce the heat to medium. Add the chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, chopped chipotles, and spices to the oil. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender..
- Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, and chicken. Add the salt. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cilantro, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Return to a simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste the soup, you may want to add more salt. Remember you can always add to the recipe, but oversalted food is just gross. Before you serve, remove the bay leaves..
- To serve, put tortilla strips in a bowl, and pour in the soup. Sprinkle crumbled queso panela, cilantro, diced avocado, and chopped onion on top, and serve with lime wedges..
By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. A hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe! Fingers crossed that it starts warming up outside soon and I don't feel like. This Chicken Tortilla Soup has tons of flavor, with corn, black beans, green chiles, and plenty of spicy smoky broth.