Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet.
You can have Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet
- You need 1 lb of sweet potatoes peeled and diced into small cubes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic (3 cloves).
- Prepare 1 can of red or black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 2 tsp of chilli powder, divided.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin, divided.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Salt and ground pepper.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 2.5 cm cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 of avocado, diced.
- You need of Cilantro(coriander).
Mexican Honey-Lime Chicken Sweet Potato and Red Bean skillet instructions
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, saute 3 minutes. Cover and let cook until nearly softened, stirring occasionaly, about 8-10 minutes..
- Add in onion and garlic, saute(uncovered) for 1 minute. Add in red beans, corn, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin, caynne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook, stirring frequently, until corn is heated through and potatoes are soft, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a large plate..
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, season with the remaining 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp of cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, turning once halfway through, until chicken is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey. Return sweet potato mixture to skillet, once chicken is cooked through, along with tomatoes and avocado. Add honey-lime mixture and cilantro and toss to coat..