Pulled BBQ Chicken. This crockpot pulled chicken is so easy to make – everything just goes into the slow cooker without any special prep. A simple recipe for how to make BBQ pulled chicken (also known as Crock Pot BBQ Chicken!) at home in your slow cooker! This is a quick and easy recipe that's perfect for any party, potluck, or picnic!
Doesn't get much easier than this. All you need is a crockpot, chicken breast and a bbq sauce of your choice. Simply put the chicken breast in the crockpot. You can have Pulled BBQ Chicken using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless).
- You need 1 bag of hamburger buns.
- It’s of Brine Ingredients.
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Sauce Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce.
- It’s 6 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 of -3 drops hot sauce.
- You need 1 cup of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 4 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of black pepper.
It requires less planning, less grilling, but still Since these are BBQ sandwiches, I suggest using a more aggressive rub on the chicken and by aggressive I. Serve on a burger bun with slaw. Also great for BBQ Pulled Chicken Pizza, BBQ Pulled Chicken Nachos. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
Pulled BBQ Chicken instructions
- Combine Brine Ingredients in pot and place on medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Remove from heat when the salt/sugar have dissolved and let cool to room temperature..
- Place chicken in plastic bag/bowl and pour in brine to cover..
- Place in refrigerator for 4-24 hours..
- Remove chicken from brine, rinse, and pat dry..
- Using the Sauce Ingredients, combine water, bbq sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, onion, and garlic in a heavy pot..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place into sauce pot, ensuring the chicken is covered by the liquid..
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through). Remove chicken..
- Boil the sauce until it reduces by about half..
- While sauce is boiling/reducing, shred chicken with two forks. Note that the longer you let your chicken sit in the brine, the easier it will shred..
- When sauce has reduced, turn heat down to low. Add salt/pepper to taste..
- Add shredded chicken to sauce and heat through. Plate onto buns and serve..
In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Using good BBQ sauce is just as important as using good wine. How to Make BBQ Pulled Chicken in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Add chicken breasts, BBQ sauce, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Cook in the Instant Pot using the Meat Setting. This is going to be the easiest BBQ chicken you have ever made. Season chicken breast lightly (a small pinch per breast) with some sea salt and place in your crockpot.