Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp.
You can have Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1/4 of Onion.
- It’s 5 of to 10 medium shrimp Black tiger shrimp (or frozen peeled shrimp).
- It’s 1/2 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 of Salt (I used Krazy Salt).
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon Lemon juice.
Egg Salad Sandwich with Avocado and Shrimp instructions
- Place the eggs in a pot of cold water and bring it to the boil. Hard boil the eggs..
- While the eggs are boiling, finely chop the onion. You can use it as-is, but if you find onion a bit strong, soak in cold water for a while to soften the flavor..
- Cut the black tiger shrimp into lengths slightly over 1 cm. Sprinkle with a little white wine if you have it, plus salt and pepper, and microwave for 2 minutes (at 600 W)..
- Cool the shrimp..
- Scoop out the avocado into a bowl, and mash with the back of a fork. Sprinkle with lemon juice..
- Chop up the hard boiled egg..
- Add the finely chopped onion, the cut up shrimp and chopped up egg to the bowl with the mashed avocado, season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix well. I like to season with Krazy Salt..
- This is the finished avocado dip with chunky pieces of shrimp..
- Sandwich the mixture between 2 slices of bread to finish. By the way, the bread is a homemade rustic French loaf I baked for the first time..
- You can use the mixture as a dip or on open faced sandwiches..
- If making open faced sandwiches, you can drizzle on a little extra virgin olive oil. Or try grinding on some black pepper..
- This filling is delicious between slices of toast. It's also good in rolls or in croissants. The version in the photo has no shrimp, but it was delicious nevertheless..
- By the way, if you want to make the pain de campagne yourself, I really recommend Yuutanku's. Even though it was my first time baking this kind of bread, I had no problems! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/148808-aromatic-rustic-french-bread-with-honey-and-sesame-seeds.