Futomaki or Ehomaki California Rolls.
You can cook Futomaki or Ehomaki California Rolls using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Futomaki or Ehomaki California Rolls
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon ●Mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ●Bonito dashi granules.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of □Mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tsp of □Grated cheese.
- It’s 6 of pieces Shrimp (frozen prawns this time).
- Prepare 3 of Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 2 of thinly cut sticks Cucumber.
- You need 1 of Radish sprouts.
- It’s 2 of rice bowls Sushi rice (seasoned with 20 ml vinegar and 2 teaspoons sugar).
- It’s 1 of sheet Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 of White sesame seeds.
Futomaki or Ehomaki California Rolls instructions
- Step 1: This is the filling used for the futomaki (the ingredient on the bottom right wasn't used). To prepare a Japanese-style omelet, mix the ● ingredients with egg and frying it up slowly on a shallow frying pan. Cut into thin slices..
- For the avocado mayonnaise, mash the avocado and mix the □ ingredients together. Boil the shrimp and cut into small pieces..
- Step 2: Lay plastic wrap on a cutting board and a sheet of seaweed. Place rice all over the seaweed. Get another sheet of plastic wrap, big enough to hold seaweed ready..
- Take the seaweed with rice from Step 2 and flip it over onto the prepared plastic wrap. The rice will end up on the bottom. The seaweed will be on top (like in the picture below)..
- Step 3: As seen in the picture; place the egg omelet, shrimp, imitation crab, cucumbers, radish sprouts and avocado mayonnaise on top of the seaweed..
- Step 4: Let's head onto the rolling stage. Tuck and curl up the ingredients and hold it tight. Then let the futomaki roll itself into shape. Finally, sprinkle on white sesame seeds..