Harry's Guacamole Gateau.
You can have Harry's Guacamole Gateau using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Harry's Guacamole Gateau
- Prepare of For the guacamole:.
- It’s 3 of ripe avocados.
- It’s 1 of medium sized tomato, deseeded and diced (about 5 mm). Leave this out if you’re making the gâteau.
- It’s 1/2 of small red Thai bird’s eye chilli (or any other chilli depending upon your heat tolerance), finely chopped.
- You need 5 of spring onions, chopped.
- You need 1 of pickled gherkin, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander.
- It’s 1/4 of red pepper, finely diced.
- You need 1 of large clove of garlic, grated or crushed.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco (I prefer the chipotle version).
- You need of Juice of 1 lime, or 2 if not very juicy.
- It’s 1 of large pinch of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch of paprika.
- It’s of Salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s of For the guacamole gateau (makes 6 individual gateaux or 1 large gateau):.
- Prepare 1 of recipe of guacamole as above, omitting the tomato.
- You need 6 of tomatoes, deseeded and diced into 5mm pieces.
- You need 300 g of cooked sweetcorn (fresh, frozen or canned).
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
Harry's Guacamole Gateau step by step
- To make the guacamole: Halve the avocados, remove the stones, and scoop out the flesh from the skins..
- Mash the flesh with the lime juice until almost smooth..
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Check the seasoning then refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours to allow the flavours to meld..
- To make the guacamole gateau: Place a 9 × 3.5cm mousse ring (or a small baked bean can with the top and bottom taken off) onto to the plate. To make a large one, use a 20cm pie tin with its base removed..
- Spoon in a layer of corn, filling it by a quarter. Gently squish the corn to hold it in place..
- Cover the corn with a similar layer of the diced tomato and add a shake of Cajun seasoning..
- Gently press the tomato to hold it in place. The ring should now be half full..
- Fill the ring to the top with guacamole and level with a spatula or a palette knife..
- Carefully lift off the ring and, if you’re making individual gâteaux, repeat on each of the plates..
- Serve with tortilla chips or toasted pitta bread and garnish with a small, dressed leaf salad..