Chicken, mushroom and broccoli quiche. Any of your family's favorite cheeses can be used in place of the Cheddar cheese in this vegetable-filled quiche. I take this dish to many of my family's picnics because it's always such a hit. Serve it at any time of day.
This easy chicken quiche recipe is made with refrigerated pie crust and loaded with spinach and mushrooms but you can use any combination of vegetables. Quiche Variations: Swap the chicken for ham or turkey. Swap the spinach and mushrooms for leftover steamed broccoli. You can have Chicken, mushroom and broccoli quiche using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken, mushroom and broccoli quiche
- Prepare 1 piece of chicken boneless breast.
- Prepare 400 grams of fresh champignon mushrooms.
- It’s 200 grams of frozen broccoli or fresh and you can boil it for 5 minutes.
- Prepare 2 of white onions.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water.
- You need 200 grams of high quality flour.
- You need 200 ml of heavy cream.
- You need 150 grams of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sunflower oil.
This Mushroom & Broccoli Quiche is quick and easy enough to prepare and bake for your family after a long day. It even works well for a last minute dinner invite. Some of the ingredients can be prepared ahead. I found this quiche to be surprisingly full of flavor even though I used skim milk.
Chicken, mushroom and broccoli quiche instructions
- Boil chicken breast for 30 min and than let it cool for a bit. Cut the onions in small pieces and fry in a bit of oil until slightly pink.
- Add the mushroom to the fried onions. If u use canned mushrooms drain them well. Than stir and leave for 10-15 min or until the water from mushrooms us going to be reduced..
- Then comes the chicken cut in small pieces stir and leave for 5 minutes.
- And finally add the broccoli cut in pieces but not big florets. Stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix them all together and leave another 5 min. Than u can turn off the fire and let it cool a bit. This is going to be the quiche filling..
- Now u can prepare the dough for quiche. Mix 1 egg with soft butter. Do not use the mixer! You can use a wooden spoon. Mix easily with the spoon, add 0.5 teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of water. Stir again..
- Than add the flour and mix well with the spoon or with your hand until dough comes out soft and pleasant..
- Knead it lightly on the table than wrap in plastic bag and and refrigerate for 30 min.
- After 30 min, brush the tart pan with with some butter. Roll out dough and pit it in the tray.. Press lightly with your fingers to make borders and the dough will be evenly distributed..
- Put all the filling over dough in pan, evenly distributed.
- Now prepare the tart sauce. Mix 2 eggs with heavy cream..
- Add the grated Cheddar cheese. Mix well and add a little salt of you wish. You can add a little ground nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture evenly over quiche filling. Cheese is more difficult to distribute it. U can spread it easily with a fork all over pan..
- Put the quiche into the preheated oven to 180-200 degrees for about 1 hour or until golden brown..
- Once browned, remove it and allow to cool. Then remove it from pan and serve it as an appetizer or main dish..
Layer chicken and broccoli over the cheese, then pour egg mixture over all. You know what I always say. For my daughters, I usually add some noodles when it's done baking and serve it as chicken and broccoli noodles! To begin, simply brown the chicken in oil then. I made for dinner a Chicken Mushroom and Broccoli Quiche topped with melted Velveta cheese mixed with garlic salt and chopped broccoli.