Tater tot casserole my way. Most tater tot casserole recipes that I have seen say to layer the tater tots either under or on top of the filling. I've always just mixed everything in together and my family enjoys it this way. I love this easy tater tot casserole recipe because it takes only a handful of ingredients and most can be found in my pantry.
I love tater tot casserole, this recipe is much the same as mine, but I don't add ketchup. This TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE is pure comfort food and it's one of the easier ways to get my kiddos to eat their veggies! I'm such a sucker for a casserole. You can have Tater tot casserole my way using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tater tot casserole my way
- It’s 3 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of med yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 (3 oz) of pack bacon bits.
- It’s 1 (10 1/2 oz) of can cream of chicken and mushroom soup.
- It’s 16 oz of container of sour cream.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of jar beef gravy.
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided equally.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of bag frozen tater tots you may not use them all.
I think it's partly because casseroles nearly always involve cheese and who doesn't love cheese? Enjoy crispy bites of potato atop this ground beef & veggie TATER TOTS Casserole recipe. We love good ol' fashioned comfort food like TATER TOTS Casserole. Place your tater tots over the ground beef.
Tater tot casserole my way instructions
- Cook and crumble ground beef add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper and continue to cook till beef is nice and brown and onions are tender. Then drain well and mix in bacon bits..
- Mix cream soup, sour cream, gravy, and parsley together and mix with ground beef..
- Add half of the meat mixture to a greased 13 x 9 inch dish top with 2 cups of cheese then repeat once then top with a even layer of tater tots and bake at 350 for 60 minutes or till tater tots are golden brown..
Pour your soup over all of this. A lot of recipes don't have you covering it and I used to do mine that way but I've found it is even Do you make tater tot casserole for your family? I'd love to hear about it! This Tater Tot Casserole from Delish.com is the best! Are you an under cover tater tot lover?