taisen's green bean casserole. Green bean casserole is a casserole consisting mostly of green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions. Creamy mushroom sauce surrounded by tender green beans, topped with the crunchy flavor of French's Crispy Fried Onions make this holiday casserole an instant classic. Just add a dash (or two) of black pepper to kick up the spice in this family favorite.
Find the best recipes for green bean casserole. Get new ideas for this holiday classic with tips and videos to help. Find the best recipes for green bean casserole. You can have taisen's green bean casserole using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of taisen's green bean casserole
- You need 1 packages of of frozen green beans or fresh if you prefer.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 packages of of fresh mushrooms or canned.
- Prepare 1 packages of of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of bacon bits if you like.
- You need 1 of butter. 1/2 to 1 stick for the green beans and about 1/2 to mix later.
- It’s 1 of milk for the mixing part. just need enough to help make it creamy.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder to taste.
- You need 1 packages of of French onions for the topping or you can substitute with crackers or anything else.
- It’s 1 of mozzarella cheese ( about 2 to 3 handfuls).
- Prepare 2 cup of of mild cheddar cheese.
Our green bean casserole recipe – is a bit of a departure from the traditional. This side dish recipe, has never been a 'thing' here in Canada, so we don't. The Best Green Bean Casserole Recipe For Holidays. I make it every year and our holiday table just wouldn't be the same.
taisen's green bean casserole instructions
- take the frozen green beans and put them in a pot with some water, butter ( 1/2 to 1 stick) , bacon bits if desired and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. cover the pot. put the heat on medium and bring to a boil. cook until you prefer soft or just slight crisp. if using fresh do as you normally do them. the bacon bits can be omitted.
- while the green beans are cooking fry up the bacon. you can do it crispy or softer depending on your taste. set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- slice or chop up onion and mushroom. fry the mushroom first in a little butter, garlic, salt and pepper. add onion around the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking the mushroom..
- pre heat oven to 350.
- when the green beans are finished drain them. put them into a casserole dish..
- add butter and milk to the green beans. stir. you only need enough to help the cream of mushroom soup to stick and be creamy. you can always do less and add more if needed to desired thickness.
- if there is any liquid in the mushroom and onion drain. add them into the green beans. stir.
- add the cream of mushroom soup. one can at a time stirring after each one. this is where you decide on how soupy this will be..
- add in bacon. you can break it up into small pieces or leave it in longer strips. mix or just lay strips on top.
- cover with foil and stick it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- pull it out. uncover sprinkle both cheeses. re cover and put it back in the oven for about 15 minutes..
- pull it out again. uncover add french onions on top and bake for just a few minutes..
- serve with dinner.
A great side dish for a holiday or any day. Green bean casserole is a favorite of so many of us. Green beans, creamy mushroom soup, and those delicious French Fried Onion Rings in a can. You can have this Thanksgiving classic any time of year by adding ground beef to this famous green bean casserole. This recipe is by Julia Owens.