Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings.
You can cook Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- You need 3 of Chicken Breasts.
- You need of Garlic Cloves (amount is your preference).
- It’s of Celery (amount is your preference).
- Prepare of White Onion (Medium or Large).
- Prepare 1 (10.5 oz) of Can Golden Mushroom.
- Prepare 1 (10.5 oz) of Can Cream of Chicken.
- It’s of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 TSP of Parley.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of (plus dusting) Poultry Seasoning.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 Cups of Corn or Peas (I use frozen corn, either needs to be at room temp before you add).
- You need 1 (16 oz) of Can of Flaky Biscuits.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings instructions
- Place butter in crockpot on high while you chop your ingredients. I coat the bottom of the pot with the butter..
- Start with your staples. Garlic, onion, and celery is my mix. You can add carrots if you like. Chop those and place them on top of the melted butter. (If you want to add carrot, I’d suggest 2 large carrots and go for a medium onion rather than a large and half the celery pictured).
- Time for chicken! I use 3 chicken breasts because I add a lot of veggies. If you want more, add a 4th breast and subtract 1/2 cup of veggies. Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies. Lightly dust with poultry seasoning. Place the lid on the cooker while you prep the liquid part of the meal..
- Open a can of Cream of Chicken and Golden Mushroom and empty into a bowl. Fill the Cream of Chicken can with chicken broth and poor it in with the soup. Add your parsley, cayenne pepper, and poultry seasoning. Blend together and pour on the veggies and chicken..
- Now you have the blended liquid in the pot, and if it doesn’t cover your chicken use a bit of chicken broth to make sure the breasts are just barely covered. Put the lid on and cook on high for 5 hours..
- After 5 hours, turn your cooker to low and shred the chicken. Add in your room temperature peas or corn..
- Open your can of biscuits and cut them into strips. Then peel the flaky layers apart and stir them into the pot. Cook for an hour on low and it’s ready to eat!.