Simmered Chestnuts, Chicken & Shiitake.
You can have Simmered Chestnuts, Chicken & Shiitake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simmered Chestnuts, Chicken & Shiitake
- It’s 300 g of Chicken Thigh Fillets *cut into 3-4cm size.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Carrot *optional, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 6-8 of Dry Whole Shiitake.
- It’s 400 g of skinned Chestnuts *Today I used Frozen Skinned Chestnuts.
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- It’s 1 cup of Dashi Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- You need of *You can use the Water that is used to soak Shiitake.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
Simmered Chestnuts, Chicken & Shiitake step by step
- Clean and wash Shiitake, then Soak in plenty of water for 1-2 hours at least, or until completely softened. Drain but save the water if you use it for cooking. Wash them well again and cut in half..
- Shell and skin the Chestnuts. Keep the skinned Chestnuts in water while you are working. *Note: Today I used Frozen Skinned Chestnuts, which are ready to use..
- Heat Oil in a pot over medium heat, cook Chicken pieces until slightly browned, lightly season with a pinch Salt..
- Add Carrot and Shiitake, stir-fry for a few minutes, then add the all the sauce ingredients. Add skinned Chestnuts, cover with a sheet of baking paper, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the baking paper, increase the heat and cook, gently tossing occasionally, until the sauce is almost gone..