Pork ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice. 'Okowa' is the name of a type of steamed glutinous rice dish and it's my favourite. Especially the one my mother cooks by steaming. This Pork 'Okowa' recipe is inspired by Chinese rice dumplings made of glutinous rice stuffed with other ingredients and wrapped in large leaves. 'Okowa' is the name of a type of steamed glutinous rice dish, often mixed with vegetables, nuts and other various ingredients.
Yes, I LOVE OKOWA~~~~;) a cloth I used to steam glutinous rice is cotton cloth. I guess you could use cheese cloth or something instead. 中華セイロ（藤倉商店）僕が使用したのは. Glutinous rice, also known as sticky rice, is called mochigome in Japanese. You can have Pork ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice
- Prepare 2 cups of Glutinous Rice (180ml cup) *short grain preferred.
- It’s 1 cup of Japanese Short Grain Rice (180ml cup).
- Prepare 250 g of Thinly Sliced Pork OR Pork Mince.
- It’s 1 of small piece Ginger *sliced into thin strips OR finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Sesame Oil.
- You need 80 g of Bamboo Shoots (I use canned cooked Bamboo Shoots) *about.
- You need 5-6 of Shiitake *about 80g (If you use dried Shiitake, they must be well rehydrated).
- You need 1/2 of Carrot *about 80g.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sake OR Water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Frozen Peas.
- It’s of <Soup Ingredients>.
- You need 2 cups of Chicken Stock or Dashi Stock (500ml) *OR Water 2 cups & Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder 1 teaspoon.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce *depends on the saltiness of the stock.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
Properly okowa is steamed, however modern rice cookers can make it very well with the push of a button. Hearty Mid-winter Fatty Pork and Root Vegetable Okowa Okowa is usually not at all oily but I needed some cold. Glutinous rice mixed with porkballs is really nice and so is this Steamed Porkballs With Glutinous Rice. Beat egg and add, along with soy sauce, sherry, water, cornstarch, sugar and salt.
Pork ‘Okowa’ Steamed Glutenous Rice instructions
- Wash Glutinous Rice and Regular Short Grain Rice together and drain..
- Cut thinly sliced Pork into small pieces. Slice all vegetables into small pieces or thin strips..
- Heat Sesame Oil in a frying pan and cook Pork and Ginger. When Pork changes colour, add Soy Sauce, Sugar and Sake (OR Water), add Bamboo Shoots and Shiitake and cook until the sauce is almost gone..
- Make soup by mixing all the ingredients..
- Place well-drained Rice in the rice cooker’s inner pot, place Pork mixture and Carrot over the Rice evenly. DO NOT MIX. Gently pour the soup over..
- Plug the rice cooker in and press the Cook/Start button. When the rice is cooked, sprinkle Frozen Peas over and let them steamed for 10 minutes, then toss the rice gently..
Rinse and drain soaked glutinous rice. Transfer rice to a heatproof dish. Add sesame oil, five spice powder, salt and water. This simple and tasty Savory Steamed Glutinous Rice is one of my favorite breakfasts when I was a kid. It is a very economical breakfast and is usually sold by street vendors.