Caramel Apple Muffins. These muffins are perfect for anyone who loves caramel apples. They are great served with breakfast or coffee. Caramel Apple Muffins Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
After standing overnight, the caramel melts into the muffins. (They're still delicious!) These caramel apple muffins are one of my favorite fall recipes. We want to help you make quick-and-easy snacks and desserts just by keeping a few key ingredients on hand. With Martha White® Apple Cider Muffin Mix. You can cook Caramel Apple Muffins using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Muffins
- You need 1 (8 oz) of container sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 of Tbls. Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 Tsp. of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of peeled and diced Granny Smith apples.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of package caramels.
- You need 3 of Tbls. whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped lightly salted, roasted pecans.
- It’s of Wax Paper.
- Prepare sticks of Food safe twigs or craft.
Then, when you unmold the muffin, the fruit transforms into a glistening crown of an irresistible sticky topping. Caramel Apple Muffins – easy to make, with little pockets of oozing caramel baked right in beside chucks of sweet apple. Caramel Apple Muffins to be precise. 🙂. Moist, tender, full of apple and drizzled with delicious caramel syrup.
Caramel Apple Muffins step by step
- Cinnamon Topping: Stir together 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, 1-1/2 Tbls. All-purpose flour, and 1/4 Tbsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 1-1/2 Tbsp. Butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles course meal. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 375 prepare cinnamon Topping as directed..
- Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with a electric mixer 30 seconds or until blended.
- Stir together flour, and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. (DO NOT OVERMIX!) stir in diced apples. Spoon into a lightly greased 12 cup muffin pan. Filling 3/4 full; sprinkle with Cinnamon Topping..
- Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and a wooded pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cool on wire rack; cool completely about 30 minutes..
- Microwave caramels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring at 30 seconds intervals. Let mixture stand, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat muffins..
- Quickly dip bottom 3/4 of each muffins into caramel mixture; roll bottom half of caramel coated portion of muffins in chopped pecans and place muffins, Carmel side up, on a lightly greased wax paper. (If caramel mixture starts to harden before you've dipped all the muffins, microwave a few seconds to soften) insert food- safe twigs or craft sticks into caramel-covered portions of muffins.
Definitely perfect for Autumn/Fall (same difference). Low Carb Sugar-free Apple Muffins Recipe with Salted Caramel: Pin it to save for later! These low carb, gluten-free, and sugar-free apple muffins have a delicious salted caramel drizzle. I love caramel apples, but they are not low carb and not great for the teeth. These muffins have the taste of caramel apple but without the extra carbs and the wrecked dental work.