Vickys Cherry Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Cherry Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 125 g (1 cup) of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare 150 g (3/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mixed spice / pumpkin pie spice.
- You need 150 ml (1/2 cup) of + 2 tbsp) rice milk.
- It’s 60 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of well ripened, medium bananas.
- Prepare 100 g of cherries in juice, drained and halved.
Vickys Cherry Banana Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using GF flour, sugar, baking powder and mixed spice togethe.
- Put the bananas, milk, oil and vanilla in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated, then stir the cherries through. The consistency should be thick like banana bread.
- Divide between the paper cases, they should each be 3/4 filled.
- Bake for 12 minutes then turn the tray and bake another 3 – 5 minutes until nicely risen and golden.
- Let cool in the tin on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and letting cool completely.
- GF flour does not brown the same way as wheat flour does so to achieve that colour you can brush the tops gently with some extra milk at the 10 minute baked point or sprinkle some brown sugar on top before baking.