Root beer bbq sauce. Root Beer BBQ Sauce is an easy recipe for a finger-lickin good barbecue sauce. Sweet and tangy bbq sauce made from scratch, perfect for dunking or One bite of Root Beer BBQ Chicken and you'll know why cola bbq sauce is a Southern tradition! This homemade Root Beer Barbecue Sauce still.
I scored this little cast iron pot when I went to the store, so I was able to make the sauce on the grill. This root beer bbq sauce from delish.com will be the star of your summer cookouts. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together root beer, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire, lime juice, garlic powder and onion powder. You can cook Root beer bbq sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Root beer bbq sauce
- Prepare 2 cups of root beer.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (or 1 TBS).
- It’s 1 teaspoons of Onion powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of pepper.
This was a delightful switch from my normal bbq sauce. The flavor is a bit different, but different in a great way. Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, ketchup, Yellow Mustard. Root Beer BBQ Sauce (inspired by this recipe).
Root beer bbq sauce instructions
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan, give it a good mix with a silicone whisk.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a small boil, let boil for 2 minutes and reduce heat to low,.
- Set timer ⏲ for 35 mins uncovered and let simmer, and stirring it occasionally. (the sauce should have reduced some).
- Pour in a container and let cool…..
- Use / or Restore in refrigerator in an airtight container….
- Notes- any kind of vinegar will work I used balsamic, can use red wine, apple cider, distilled white vinegar… I used what I had… for a more thick bbq sauce, let it boil longer, and also let it simmer longer if needed, the more it reduced the thicker it will get. I didn’t go very thick with this batch..
- Root beer bbq sauce chicken.
This sauce can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator. Add diced onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent. The Root Beer sauce for the pulled chicken is just the name. It does not really have Root Beer in the sauce? If so I did not see how much.