Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks.
You can cook Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks
- Prepare 3-4 of Turkey Drumsticks.
- It’s 1 of Carrot Diced Small.
- You need 2 of Celery Diced Small.
- It’s 1 of Medium Onion Diced Small.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Root Beer.
- You need 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chili Sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Sriracha Sauce.
- You need 2 TBSP of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 10 of Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 8 of Fresh Sage Leaves.
- It’s 6 of Bay Leaves.
Root Beer Braised Turkey Drumsticks step by step
- Rinse the drumsticks and pat them dry. Make 2 slice marks..
- Prepare your vegetables – dice up your carrot, celery and onion..
- Take a deep but wide sauce pan and get it hot. Add a little bit of oil and put the garlic in at the same time. Then place the drumsticks in to sear. Turn them over when golden and place a fresh Sage leaf on each. When the other side is golden, remove from the pan and set aside..
- Without removing the garlic or cleaning up the pan, take the vegetables and add them to the pan and cook about 3-5 minutes until translucent. In a separate bowl mix together with a whisk all the liquid ingredients and add to the pan. Add the rest of the sage leaves and bay leaves as well..
- When the sauce and vegetables come to a simmer, add the drumsticks back to the pan. When it comes to a boil, lower to a medium/low flame and allow the turkey to braise for approximately 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until fork tender. The drumsticks should be turned every 30-40 minutes or so. If the sauce diminishes you may add a cup of water to it and mix so the sauce doesn’t dry out..
- Remove the drumsticks and place them in a Pyrex. Take the sauce and strain out the vegetables as you only want the sauce itself..
- You may cover it and put it in the oven to keep warm or rewarm. Enjoy!.