Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing.
You can cook Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing
- You need 1 pound of ground Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of (12-16 oz) bag of stuffing cubes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed thyme.
- You need 2 tablespoon of no/reduce salt butter, melted.
- It’s 2-4 cups of reduce/no salt chicken broth.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing step by step
- Remove sausages from their casings. Heat up sausage in a skillet. As it is browning, break it up with a fork. Once browned, put it to the side..
- Spray the slow cooker or, better yet, put in a liner. You will thank me later..
- In large bowl mix the stuffing cubes with dried cranberries, sausage, ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, poultry seasoning, ground sage, and then finally the crushed rosemary & thyme..
- Pour the butter on top, then stir together. Next, add the chicken broth until you get the moisture that you desire. For me, it took 3 cups of broth..
- Cook on low for 2- 3 hours. Check after 2 hours, then every half hour after that. Stirring as you check it out. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get it the way that I like it..