My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing.
You can cook My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing
- You need of Apples.
- Prepare 3 large of Granny Smith Apples.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Sausage.
- You need 1 lb of bulk/ pan sausage, we use OdemsTennessee Pride brand, mild.
- It’s of Dressing.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 2 large of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 8 oz of dry weight, corn bread stuffing/dressing.
- It’s 1 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground sage.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 2 cup of turkey broth, see recipe attached.
My Mother's Apple Sausage Dressing step by step
- The night before, peel and finely dice the apples. Put into a zip lock bag add cinnamon and sugar. Shake mixing well put into refrigerator overnight..
- The nightbefore heat pan add sausage and brown. Refrigerate till Thanksgiving Day..
- Boil the eggs and peel, refrigerate till next day..
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add the onions and celery to the hot broth. To give a head start cooking. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341240-turkey-broth-homemade.
- Mix the dressing/stuffing, broth, onions celery, boiled eggs, sage, apples, sausage, poultry seasonings and salt. Taste now before you add raw eggs. Adjust seasonings then beat eggs mix everything and put into 8×8 inch pan..
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes serve hope you enjoy!.