Southern Cornbread dressing.
You can cook Southern Cornbread dressing using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Cornbread dressing
- You need 6 cup of crumbled cornbread.
- Prepare 3 cup of cornbread stuffing cubes.
- Prepare 4 oz of butter.
- It’s 2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried sage.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried leaf thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, lightly beaten.
Southern Cornbread dressing instructions
- heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl combine crumbled cornbread & stuffing cubes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion & celery in butter until tender( DO NOT Brown).
- Combine sauteed veggies into bread mixture. Stir in chicken broth until moistened..
- Stir in all seasonings and beaten eggs blend well into bread mixture.
- Spread mixture into a shallow baking pan a 10" x 15".
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.