Apple Walnut Brown Rice Stuffing / Dressing.
You can cook Apple Walnut Brown Rice Stuffing / Dressing using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Walnut Brown Rice Stuffing / Dressing
- It’s 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) of short grain brown rice.
- Prepare 540 ml (2 1/4 cups) of vegetable, chicken or turkey broth.
- It’s 2 of apples.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 handful of walnuts, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of rubbed sage.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried or fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1 handful of dried cranberries or raisins (optional to give a bit of sweetness).
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s to taste of Chopped fresh parsley.
Apple Walnut Brown Rice Stuffing / Dressing instructions
- Rinse the rice in a fine colander and let drain for 15 minutes..
- Peel and chop the apples. Slice the celery thin and mince the onion. Lightly toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan on medium low heat (be careful not to burn!) then crush..
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan or pot. Saute the onions until soft (about 5 minutes), then add the celery, apples, sage, rosemary and bit of salt & pepper. Saute until the apples are tender..
- Pour the rice in the pot and mix it with the other ingredients..
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and turn to low heat. Let cook for 45 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Stop the heat and let it sit with the lid on for 15 minutes..
- Remove lid and lightly stir to fluff everything up. Garnish with some fresh parsley. Enjoy along side roast chicken, turkey, or pork!.