Slow Cooker Simple Beef Taco Soup. This slow cooker taco soup with ground beef is one of my favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker, especially in the fall and winter months. The soup is so hearty and flavorful, and the beef gets so tender over the long hours of cooking. Let it cook all day and it just gets better.
If there were an award for the most magical kitchen appliance, the slow cooker would win hands down. For this intensely flavorful soup, all you have to do is combine the main ingredients, turn it on, and voila! Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat. You can cook Slow Cooker Simple Beef Taco Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Simple Beef Taco Soup
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of yellow pepper.
- You need 1 of orange pepper.
- You need 2 of whole green onions.
- You need 250 ml of corn.
- Prepare 1 can (796 ml) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (398 ml) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 can (540 ml) of kidney beans.
- It’s 250 ml of beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 500 ml of water (+ or – as this depends on how much liquid you want for your soup).
- You need of tortilla chips (optional).
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese (optional).
Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. We first tried this thick-as-chili soup at a church dinner. It's a warm dish ideal for a cold day and easy to prepare with kitchen staples. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Slow Cooker Simple Beef Taco Soup instructions
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a pan, and then transfer it to the slow cooker being careful to prevent any liquid from being put into the slow cooker..
- Add all the chopped peppers, chopped green onions (excluding only the bulb), corn and the kidney beans. Add the 2 tsp of chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin, and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder. Stir well..
- Pour in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and beef broth. Mix well. Add water slowly until you are satisfied with the amount of liquid in your soup. On average 500ml is appropriate, however you might like less or more..
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours..
- Serve optionally with shredded cheddar cheese on top and or tortilla chips..
Add taco seasoning and mix well. The slow cooker and pressure cooker are great for making taco meat, especially when using lean ground beef like I use here because the slow low heat makes them come out very tender. Can also be made with ground turkey or chicken or swap the taco shells for lettuce wraps to make them low-carb. Slow cooking is one of the healthiest ways to cook meat because it locks in the nutrients and requires no deep frying. It brings out flavors and tenderizes the Your keto diet and your slow cooker might just become best buddies.