Mom's Fried Shrimp Recipe.
You can have Mom's Fried Shrimp Recipe using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Fried Shrimp Recipe
- It’s of For Batter.
- You need 2 lb of Large shrimp, peeled and headless.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Warm water.
- It’s 1 packages of Tom Chien/Chuoi flour (shrimp/banana flour in asian stores).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- You need 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegatable oil.
- You need of For Shrimp.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of salt as needed.
- Prepare 1 of pepper as needed.
- It’s 1 of sugar as needed.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s 1 bag of panko breadcrumbs.
Mom's Fried Shrimp Recipe instructions
- Heat oil to 375°F.
- Peel shrimp and cut slits on the stomach of the shrimp to prevent curling. Wash and pat dry..
- Sprinkle sugar, salt, and pepper, and minced garlic on shrimp, mix well..
- Take tom chien flour and dump in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, egg white, active dry yeast, butter, vegetable oil, and water. Mix well until a batter forms. The batter should be slightly thick but easy to work with when dipping the shrimp..
- Pour panko powder in a separate bowl..
- Dip shrimp in batter, making sure there isnt a lot of "hanging batter". Then dip in panko breadcrumbs. Cook in fryer for exactly 2 minutes. You will need to cook in batches. Transfer fried shrimp to a tray/bowl lined with paper towel to absorb extra oil..
- Serve with your favorite condiment. I like ketchup, sweet chili sauce, or mayonnaise. Enjoy!.