Creamy shrimp mac n cheese. Regular baked mac and cheese is already great (if it's done right), but the addition of fresh crab and spicy Cajun shrimp makes it so much more special. Add pasta and shrimp, heat thru, enjoy! No normal Mac and Cheese sauce will have the same flavour that this one has which is boosted with shrimp juices AND the golden bits left in the pan after we sear them.
Meanwhile, make the creamy cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a large high-sided pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter and whisk the butter and flour together and around the pan until they smell. You can have Creamy shrimp mac n cheese using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy shrimp mac n cheese
- Prepare 4 cup of pasta shells cooked according to package directions.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of smoked gruyere cheese grated.
- You need 1 cup of pepper Jack cheese grated.
- You need 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of salt to taste.
- You need 1 lb of cooked shrimp.
Three types of cheese give Super Creamy Mac and Cheese a whole lot of cheese flavor. I saute shrimp in butter and let cool while the cheese is melting in the white sauce. After the cheese has melted in the white sauce, I pour it over my slightly cooked noodles. I thought that spicy shrimp would be the perfect pairing for a creamy mac and cheese dish; turns out, I was right!
Creamy shrimp mac n cheese step by step
- Melt butter, add flour whisk for about 5 minutes, add milk, bring to boil add cheese and seasoning, whisk until melted. Add pasta and shrimp, heat thru, enjoy!.
Creamy Mac N Cheese: Have you ever met a person who doesn't like Mac 'N' Cheese? Mac 'N' Cheese is one of those comfort foods that always satisfies. It leaves you wanting more, the creamy cheese aways takes it over the top! Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese is rich and crazy creamy loaded with juicy, cajun shrimp and buttery panko topping. It's super easy to make but tastes like you're dining at the finest restaurant!