Creamy garlic prawns. Once butter has melted add prawns and garlic mixture and increase heat to ensure prawns are cooked quickly. A delicious – and relatively quick – fresh and flavour packed creamy garlic prawns recipe, that can be whipped up with just one saucepan! A few years ago on Mother's Day, I had a craving for some really creamy garlic prawns, so hubby and my youngest daughter spoilt me by cooking some for dinner.
Place garlic and cream in a wok or frying pan and over medium heat gently bring to the boil. Add cream, turn up the heat and cook for five minutes or until the sauce is thick and heated. These creamy garlic prawns are restaurant-quality that you can make at home. You can cook Creamy garlic prawns using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy garlic prawns
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 115 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of white wine.
- Prepare 750 grams of uncooked prawns.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley, fresh or dried.
Flavoured with garlic, white wine, basil and fresh cream, they make a perfect entree and are fantastic served with rice. If you wish, you could of course easily choose spaghetti, fettuccine or any other long pasta to make this tasty dish. Alternatively using larger prawns or shrimps is also, of course, possible. Use your gut feel and you cannot go wrong!
Creamy garlic prawns step by step
- Melt the butter over a low to medium heat. Finely chop the garlic and add it to the butter..
- Add the flour and stir until completely mixed in, then remove the saucepan from the heat..
- Gradually add the chicken stock, cream and wine, stirring until completely mixed in..
- Turn up the heat to medium to medium high. Return the saucepan to the heat and keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Bring to the boil..
- Add the mustard, salt and pepper, and then add the prawns..
- Cook the prawns for 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked..
- Stir in the parsley and serve with your favourite rice..
How to make creamy garlic shrimp pasta Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the lemon zest, cream and chicken stock to the pan. Add the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Creamy Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan is a deliciously easy Shrimp Recipe! Transform ingredients you most likely already have in your refrigerator into an incredible dinner!