You can cook Saganaki Shrimp using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Saganaki Shrimp
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of white onion- finely chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic- crushed.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomatoes, drain most of the fruid.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 2 lb of uncooked deveined large shrimp.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped fresh oregano.
- You need 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 6 oz of feta cheese, crumbled.
Saganaki Shrimp instructions
- Heat oil in a large OVEN-PROOF skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion softens..
- Add tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil then cover it and let it simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Leaving shrimp tails intact, add them to the skillet along with parsley and oregano..
- Preheat broiler while shrimp cooks covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle cheese over shrimp mixture and place under broiler until cheese browns lightly..