Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice. Learn how to make shrimp fried rice at home just like you get at a take-out joint or restaurant! This is quick, easy, and you can customize it to your taste. No one will doubt that "light" cooking can be tasty when you put a helping of this zippy shrimp in front of them.
This is one of the rare occasions when I buy already cooked and peeled prawns. Our Herbed Shrimp-and-Rice Salad might look fancy, but this pretty lunch recipe is so easy. This salad has Mediterranean flavor from basmati ready rice, fresh parsley and dill, homemade lemon vinaigrette, and crumbled feta cheese. You can cook Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice
- You need of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 kg of shrimps, with skin, washed, and heads cut off.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric.
- It’s of Stuffing.
- You need 3 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of green bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of bunch of coriander, chopped.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, green.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried black lime powder, loomi.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of baharat spice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric.
- It’s 5 of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rosewater.
- You need of Rice.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice, washed and soaked in cold water with a dash of salt.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 3 of whole black peppers.
- Prepare 4 of cardamom pods, partly opened.
- It’s of salt to taste.
Prepare the ready rice according to package instructions, and you're. Shrimp Pun Card – Love & Anniversary. Shrimp Birthday Party Card by Shrimp Whisperer AK. Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Ivory Coast Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein.
Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice step by step
- Soak the saffron threads in the rosewater and set aside so the saffron releases its color..
- To cook the shrimp, place it in a saucepan with the turmeric and some salt. Pour enough water to cover and leave to boil until shrimp is cooked..
- Drain the shrimp and reserve the shrimp broth for later. Peel the black thread from the shrimp and leave in a strainer..
- To prepare the stuffing: Start by crushing the garlic cloves with the ginger and green peppers, and leave aside..
- In a medium saucepan, roast the chopped onions and the dried black lime powder until onions are tender and brown. Sprinkle some water if onions stick to the pan..
- Add the crushed garlic mix and the rest of the stuffing ingredients:baharat, salt, cardamom powder, turmeric, vegetable oil and coriander. Mix for a few minutes before adding the shrimp to the stuffing then stir for 3 minutes..
- Sprinkle a little bit of the rosewater-saffron mix. Cover and simmer for a few minutes, and then remove from heat..
- To prepare the rice: In a large saucepan put the reserved shrimp-broth along with some boiled water to make a total of 6 cups of liquid. Then add in the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, black peppers, and cloves. Bring to a boil and add salt to taste..
- Add the rice and stir for a few seconds to prevent from sticking. Boil until rice is half-cooked, then drain and place back into the same saucepan..
- In the meantime, fry the sliced onion in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil then mix with the shrimp stuffing..
- Finally, take out some rice from the middle of the saucepan leaving rice at the bottom and the sides of the saucepan. Put shrimp in the hole and cover with the rice you took out. Sprinkle the remaining rosewater-saffron water, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes..
- When done, remove the rice you covered the mixture with and take out the shrimps carefully and set aside, then move the rice to a serving platter and arrange the shrimps on top..
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made healthier using leftover cooked brown rice, a delicious whole grain that's high in fiber, so it fills you up. In a bowl, season shrimp with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a hot wok, over medium high heat, spray a little oil and. My Shrimp Fried Rice is the best better-than-takeout fried rice recipe! Full of delicious seasoned rice, tender and juicy shrimp and lots of veggies, everyone will be impressed by this restaurant quality one pan meal.