Cajun Poblano and Shrimp Quiche.
You can have Cajun Poblano and Shrimp Quiche using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Poblano and Shrimp Quiche
- You need 1 of pie dough for a 9 inche pie, line your pie plate with dough, crimp sides and chill while preparing filling.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 of poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into bite size strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You need 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of thin sliced green onion.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 6 of white button musrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cooked shrimp, either whole small or cut up large shrimp.
- It’s 1/4 lb of black forrest ham, or ham you prefer chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste ( depending on how salty your ham and cheeses are ).
Cajun Poblano and Shrimp Quiche instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, add the mushrooms and onions and cook until tender but not brown, add garlic and green onions an cook 1 minute.Transfer to a bowl to cool..
- Add poblano peppers, shrimp, ham and cheeses to cooled onion mixture and gently combine..
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, cream,cajun seasoning,pepper, and thyme until blended..
- Spoon in the Shrimp/ Ham/Cheese and vegetable mixture into pie crust pour seasoned egg and cream mixture over filling..
- Bake until the custard is set and golden, about 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes for easy slicing.