You can cook Butterfly Shrimp using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butterfly Shrimp
- You need 1 lb of Raw shrimp.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 of each egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Hot sauce.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
Butterfly Shrimp instructions
- Unless shrimp is de-vained cut shrimp down "spine" and remove vain.
- In zip-lock bag mix corn meal, flour, panko, cayenne, cumin, and black pepper.
- Shake bag to mix and set on dish.
- In a bowl add egg and hot sauce and whisk.
- Add as much oil to sauté pan to cover shrimp while frying, add butter to oil and heat on medium high.
- Holding the shrimp by the tail, place shrimp into egg mixture and then into breading to cover except the tail, and then place carefully into the pan to fry.
- Do this to remaining shrimp and fry until golden brown, turning as needed. It is normal to see the butter "froth" over the shrimp as they cook, try not to move the shrimp too much when they first go in.
- Remove shrimp allowing excess oil to drip back into pan and place on paper towel lined plate to cool.
- This dish is a great side to steaks, and southern style dishes. This dish can also be eaten alone with a side of ranch or cocktail sauce..