"Cajun Crack" Dirty Rice.
You can have "Cajun Crack" Dirty Rice using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Cajun Crack" Dirty Rice
- You need 500 gms of pork mince.
- Prepare 500 gms of boned & skinned chicken thighs chopped.
- You need 500 gms of small to medium tiger prawns.
- You need 2 cup of diced red, yellow or green capsicum (Bell peppers).
- Prepare 2 cup of diced red or purple onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of chopped green onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped jalapenos.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Louisiana Cajun Seasoning or 'Slap Yo' Mama' seasoning, etc.
- Prepare 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of butter or bacon drippings.
- You need 2 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken broth (low-salt).
"Cajun Crack" Dirty Rice step by step
- Brown mince and chicken in oil, put to side..
- Saute' peppers, onion, celery, parsley, garlic & jalapenos in butter or bacon drippings for 10-15 minutes..
- Add mince, chicken, shrimp, cajun seasoning, cayenne, Maggi, thyme, rice and stir thoroughly..
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil..
- Simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes..
- And then laissez le bon temps rouler cher and get your Cajun on! This is enough for dinner for four & lunch the next day or so, if you're lucky! Listening to this station in the kitchen helps with the "Je ne sais quoi"! http://tunein.com/radio/Cajun-Fest–AddictedToRadiocom-s65828/.