Southern Potato Salad.
You can cook Southern Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Potato Salad
- You need 5 large of Red potatoes.
- You need 2 of stock Celery chopped.
- You need 1 small of Onion chopped.
- It’s 1 small of Green bell pepper chopped.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 6 slice of Bacon.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow or brown mustard.
- You need 1 of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Crab and shrimp boil seasoning.
- It’s 1 of Green onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet relish.
Southern Potato Salad instructions
- Bring water in large pot to a boil add a pinch of salt and dash of crab and shrimp boil seasoning. Wash and cube potatoes add to boiling water and cook until you can stick them with fork. (Should not be too soft or potatoes will turn mushy in salad) Add eggs gently, and immediately after you add potatoes..
- When potatoes are done drain DO NOT RINSE, place eggs in cool water and let potatoes cool. Finely chop celery, onions, green bell peppers, and bacon (save some bacon bits for top garnish) put in large serving bowl. Add cooled potatoes (it's ok if they are still a little warm) sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper toss to coat evenly..
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish (to your preference of taste) toss gently to coat. Add sliced eggs toss once more. Garnish with green onions and bacon bits. Enjoy!.
- Notes: You can use powder or liquid crab and shrimp boil seasoning. To add a little kick use spicy brown mustard and dash of paprika. This is also great served with Cajun Stew!.