Easy, Accessible Pad Thai.
You can cook Easy, Accessible Pad Thai using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy, Accessible Pad Thai
- It’s 8 oz of pad thai noodles, (sometimes labeled as pho noodles, but get the wide ones – they're about 1/3" wide uncooked).
- Prepare 2 of eggs, whisked and lightly seasoned with salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of mung bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of protein of choice (I prefer shrimp or chicken), cut in bite-sized pieces and lightly seasoned w/ salt & a pinch of sugar.
- You need of oil for frying.
- You need 2 of green onions, cut into 1.5"long segments.
- Prepare 4 of lime wedges to serve on the side.
- It’s of cilantro, chopped, for garnish.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of ketchup.
- It’s 2.5-3 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1-2 Tablespoons of brown sugar (or white sugar if you don't have brown).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of crushed chili flakes, or to taste (I'd say this makes the dish about a 7 on the heat scale).
Easy, Accessible Pad Thai instructions
- There are 2 options for prepping the noodles: 1) If you have time, soak the noodles in enough cold water to cover for 1 hour and then drain well. This results in a better texture. OR 2) Soak the noodles in enough hot water to cover for about 12 to 15 minutes or so, until all the noodles go completely limp when you pull them up by the handful out of the water, and drain well..
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly to incorporate all the seasonings evenly..
- In a large wok or non-stick pan, bring a Tablespoon of oil up to medium high heat and saute/stir-fry your protein until cooked through. Set aside..
- Scramble your eggs and set aside with the other protein..
- Turn the heat to high, add 1 or 2 Tablespoons of oil to the pan, wait about 15 seconds to heat it up, and add in the noodles. Let the noodles sit for about 30 seconds so as not to disperse the heat then give a toss to redistribute them. Do this 3 or 4 times before adding in the rest of your ingredients. If your noodles start to stick together a little at this point, don't worry. When you add the liquid from the sauce, they'll separate again as you stir..
- Add in the rest of your ingredients – meat, eggs, sprouts, green onions, and sauce – and toss thoroughly to season each noodle strand..
- If you like some crispy/charred bits to your noodles, now is the time to add another Tablespoon of oil to the pan, and just let your noodles sit for a minute and a half to two minutes. This will crisp up some of the edges..
- Garnish to taste with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges. The added fresh lime juice gives the dish extra zip..
- Enjoy! :).