You can have Tapioca Pearl using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tapioca Pearl
- It’s 200 grams of tapioca.
- You need 300 grams of minced pork.
- You need 50 grams of dried shrimps.
- It’s 100 grams of chinese salted radish.
- You need 2 tbsp of roasted peanuts,crushed.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander use both roots and leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of lettuce and hot chili to side.
- You need 50 grams of garlic to make crispy garlic.
- You need 1 of oil enough to fry garlic and paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hot water.
Tapioca Pearl instructions
- Make paste , soak dried shrimps in warm water ,cut coriander roots ,prepare other ingredients.
- Use pestel and mortar ,grind slice of coriander root ,follow with garlic,white pepper,then dried shrimps,make fine paste.
- The chinese salted radish ,sometime come to thin thread ,so it need to be finely chop.
- Now fry the paste on medium heat until fragrance.
- Add pork,stir until no longer pink.
- Add chinese salted radish,seasoning with palm sugar,salt.
- Add crushed roast peanuts,keep stiring,add corn starch and stir to mix,heat off ,transfer to the bowl.
- Form the filling to small balls ,about thumb or index finger size.
- Now work on tapioca pearl sago ,this only need hot water to add in ,stir and wait about 10 mins ,you will get the tapioca ready to use by spread on your floured palm,cover the filling,form to balls.
- This step is optional for more exciting 🙂 ,when i need the beautiful natural color ,i use 6 pandan leaves,clean,cut ,crush,squeeze the color by mix with hot water ,strain it ,use that color to soak the tapioca pearl ,will get the lovely light green.
- Make crispy garlic,fry on medium until golden.
- Now the option to cook by 20 mins on steamer ,or boil until it float up to surface,to prevent from each ball to stick to eat other ,drop to the garlic bowl.
- To serve as snack with lettuce ,chili,coriander leave,or can drop some coconut milk on top too :).