Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable.
You can cook Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable
- It’s 1 lb of Fish, shrimp/lobster/crab shells or mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Animal fat or butter. I use beef fat because I like the 'Surf and Turf' Flavor.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sea salt – you can use any edible salt here but if you use iodized salt use a little less..
- Prepare 4 quart of Filtered water.
Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable instructions
- Use fat or butter to brown your shells, fish or vegetables. Once sufficiently browned (about 5-6 minutes) add the salt and half the water (2 quarts)..
- Let reduce to about 2 cups of water over low to medium heat. If you are watching it then you can use higher temperatures..
- Add rest of water and reduce to about 1 quart..
- Using a sieve or colander with cheese cloth (or even a cotton towel) filter out all the chunks of material..
- Using a smaller pot continue to reduce to stock further till the boiling bubbles start to last longer and the liquid becomes syrup like..
- At this point you can reduce it slowly to make it more thick. Though I just let it cool and put in a small jar in the fridge. This will last up to 2 months in the fridge. Maybe longer. But I use mine up pretty fast..