Fish stew. Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious fish stew! Fish Stew – tasty white fish stew oozing with rich tomato sauce and earthy flavors. A light meal that is quick and easy to whip and can be customized easily according to preference.
A fish stew recipe inspired by the flavors of East Africa. Any sort of fish, shrimp, vegetables, coconut milk and a bit of curry make this fish stew unique. A wonderfully flavorful spicy fish stew with garlic and tomatoes that enhances, rather than masks, the delicate flavor of the fish. You can cook Fish stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish stew
- You need 2 of medium side squid.
- It’s 3 of Cod fillets cut into pieces.
- Prepare 10/12 of king prawns.
- You need 1.5 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need of Tomato purée.
- You need 2 of onions.
- You need 1 of celery stick.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine.
- You need of Olives (optional).
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
This delicious stew is so flavorful. There a few dishes that always make me happy and this is one of them. There's something about simple stewed fish that is simply comforting. Not too fussy, no special ingredients.
Fish stew instructions
- Start by cleaning the fish if it’s not already clean. I cleaned the squid by removing the bone, the eye and the ink pouch. I chopped the body and wings into discs/strips and the tentacles into pieces too. Remove the skin from the cod and bones. Prawns I just chopped the head off to make it easier to eat it you can keep them whole too..
- In a large pot add the onion, celery oil and salt and let it get soft on medium heat. Then add the tomato purée and then the squid. Cook for 15 min or so adding the wine a bit at the time until it evaporates. Add the stock, cover and leave it to cook for another 15 min.
- 5 min from serving time add the prawns and 2 min before serving add the cod. Add the lemon slices to the dish when ready and serve hot with crusty bread.
It's something of an Italian Christmas Eve tradition to feast on this fish stew. The other night for dinner, I made a wonderful Fish Stew. After having it for dinner, I wondered why I never made this dish more often. A comforting, healthy Mediterranean fish stew recipe with clams, white fish, leeks, and fennel. Remove the fish from its original packaging, rinse under cold water, and dry with paper towels.