Vietnamese summer rolls 🌈. Lovely Food Tubers, welcome Uyen Luu to the channel. She's got an amazing Vietnamese recipe just for you. Incredibly fresh summer rolls with juicy prawns.
We used ingredients that we have in our fridge and store cupboard even picked up our homegrown pansies in our garden too! It's so easy and tasty to make. summer rolls. Put noodles in a large bowl. You can cook Vietnamese summer rolls 🌈 using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese summer rolls 🌈
- You need 1 of medium carrot, peeled and julienned.
- Prepare 1 of small seedless cucumber, julienned.
- It’s 1 of medium spring onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed thinly sliced peppers.
- Prepare 1 handful of mint.
- Prepare 1 handful of basil.
- Prepare 1 handful of dill.
- You need 1 pack of cooked chicken.
- You need 1 pack of cooked prawns.
- You need 1 pack of crab sticks.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s of Juice 1/2 medium lime (about 1 tablespoon).
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need of To assemble the rolls:.
- Prepare 1 pack of Vietnamese rice paper wrappers.
- You need 1/2 pack of vermicelli noodles.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need 8 leaves of baby gems, halved.
- It’s of Some fresh basil, mint leaves and or dills for side salad.
- You need of Sweet chilli sauce.
Transfer roll, seam side down, to a platter. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and refrigerate. But these delicious rolls are not at all difficult. I learned my summer roll technique from a native of France.
Vietnamese summer rolls 🌈 instructions
- Make the vegetable filling: Whisk the vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice together in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, carrot, peppers and spring onion, and toss to combine; set aside. Cut prawns in halves and shredded your chicken and crab sticks; set aside..
- Cook the noodles: Add water in a saucepan and bring it to boil, then turn off the heat, add the noodles, and let sit until tender, about 5 minutes (check the package directions for times). Some noodle you can just pour hot water in and leave in for 5-8 min. Drain the noodles, transfer them to a bowl, add the sesame oil, and toss to combine, use kitchen scissors or knife cut them into shorter pieces; set aside..
- Soften a wrapper: Fill a plate halfway with room-temperature water. Place 1 wrapper in the water until it softens, about 15 seconds. Use both hands to pull it up out of the water, being careful so it doesn't collapse on itself, and immediately lay it flat on a clean work surface..
- Fill the wrapper: Place 2 to 3 mint or basil leaves down the wrapper, just slightly to the left of centre. Place 3 to 4 pieces of prawns cut-side up on the herbs. Place a piece of lettuce in your hand, then fill evenly with 1/4 cup of the vegetable mixture and 1 to 2 tablespoons of noodles. Place the lettuce cup to the right of the shrimp, leaving a small gap..
- Roll up the summer roll: Fold the top and bottom of the wrapper over the filling. Fold the left side over the shrimp and continue rolling tightly to the right until it's closed and snug. Place it on a baking sheet seam-side down and cover with a damp towel. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling, adding more water to the pie dish as needed. You can add some edible flowers ie pansy on too to make them look pretty..
- Serve: To serve, cut each roll in half crosswise if desired and serve with sweet chilli sauce or A-jard sauce and some fresh vegetables and herbs.
I learned three things: Rice paper is very forgiving; don't overstuff; and the more you make, the easier it gets. These Vietnamese summer rolls are perfect for warm weather gatherings, featuring juicy seared shrimp, rice noodles, marinated vegetables, and fresh I was first introduced to these summer rolls by my aunt, who's a big fan of them. She even told us recently that she uses them as a way to use up. Summer Rolls recipe made of rice noodles, lettuce, carrots, shrimp and served with peanut sauce. This Vietnamese appetizer is so healthy and delicious.