Fragrant Curried Fish Pie. Try this easy recipe for fragrant tiger prawn and fish curry, perfect for entertaining. You can buy all the ingredients, view more recipes and sign up to. Great recipe for Fish jungle curry.
Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, chile pepper and thyme. An essential part of a homemade curry feast, pilau rice uses just a few store cupboard spices for authentic flavour. Add the spices, saffron and bay leaves and cook for a couple more minutes. You can cook Fragrant Curried Fish Pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fragrant Curried Fish Pie
- It’s of Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread.
- You need 1 bag of fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),.
- You need 425 g of mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,.
- It’s 100 g of small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),.
- Prepare 150 ml of coconut milk,.
- It’s 3 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs,.
- You need 20 ml of unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),.
- Prepare 1 handful of petit pois peas, (50g),.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, chopped finely,.
- It’s 1 of large clove of garlic crushed,.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,.
- It’s 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- It’s of Olive oil Frylight.
- You need of Note:.
- You need of If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water.
The spices will give a wonderful fragrant flavour to the rice. virtual cooking. pie. This Sichuan classic doesn't actually contain fish. We've given traditional fish pie a healthy makeover. Fragrant Thai flavours and a crisp filo top make this a moreish, guilt-free dish.
Fragrant Curried Fish Pie step by step
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat..
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish..
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so….
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown..
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :).
It's easy to buy a cooked hen, take the meat off the bone and use it in a 'wow' recipe. I especially like it for dishes like this curry that I might not have time to make from scratch. Reviews for: Photos of Fragrant Chicken Curry. Paleo Curried Meat Pies, a.k.a. better-for-you grain-free hot pockets, are a simple, make-ahead, freezer-friendly, portable dish that you can easily make with leftovers! When I was a kid, my mom used to bake up these buttery hand pies stuffed with a fragrant, curried ground beef filling.