Sweet potato & fish tagine. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. Sweet potatoes are a hearty, delicious veggie. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a member of the Convolvulaceae family of flowering plants, which includes the morning glory, chokeweed, and water spinach.
They can be eaten boiled, baked, steamed, or fried. Sweet potatoes are usually orange but also found in other colors, such as white. Sweet potatoes are a surprisingly nutritious vegetable. You can cook Sweet potato & fish tagine using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato & fish tagine
- You need 2 of sides of fresh Sea Bass.
- You need 1 of big handful of cooked King Prawns.
- You need 4 of medium sweet potatoes.
- You need 5 of dried pitted dates.
- You need 1 of large red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree or paste.
- It’s 1.5 of sp ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 350 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh chopped coriander.
Learn more about the health benefits of sweet potatoes, as well as how to cook them, here. The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Sweetpotatoes are a satisfying and versatile vegetable with a well-earned reputation for nutrition.
Sweet potato & fish tagine instructions
- Rub oil into your tagine and put it in the oven on a medium heat (200ºC).
- Cut the Sea Bass into big chunks and brown it in a large pan, then set this aside.
- Turn the pan down and soften the onion, frying it for 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, tomato puree, ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon, mix and cook for 2 mins.
- Put the sauce into the tagine along with the dates, the fish and the prawns, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.
View our sweetpotato recipes, health info and how to's. Sweet potatoes should not be confused with yams, another starchy root widely grown in Western Africa. Whether you're using sweet potatoes in a fancy-special holiday dish or just baking one for a quick after-work dinner, you're getting a veggie with major health superpowers. If you want a vegetable that tastes like a treat and is full of vitamins, sweet potatoes are the answer. Striking the balance between vibrant, versatile and delicious, sweet potatoes have become a pretty common component of the modern diet.