Chemeen Manga Curry.
You can have Chemeen Manga Curry using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chemeen Manga Curry
- Prepare 2 of Kudampuli (Gambooge or Malabar Tamarind).
- Prepare 500 Grams of Prawns (Shelled and cleaned).
- It’s 1 Cup of Mango Raw (cubed).
- Prepare 4 of Green Chilli (split on the side).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Ginger (sliced thinly).
- It’s 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 Cup of Coconut Shredded.
- You need 1 Clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Coriander Powder.
- You need 4 of Shallots.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Mustard Seeds.
- You need 1/2 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 3 of Chilli Dried (diced).
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
Chemeen Manga Curry step by step
- Soak the kudampuli in 1/2 a cup of water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Into an earthern pot, add the prawns, mango, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder.
- Add the kudampuli from step 1 with the water used to soak the kudampuli to the earthern pot along with an additional 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring the mixture in the earthern pot to a boil on high heat and reduce the heat to let it simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes till about half of the water is reduced.
- Grind the ingredients under the heading – "To Grind" to a smooth paste. Add this along with 1/2 cup of water to the prawns mixture.
- Let the mixture come to a boil on high heat and then reduce the heat to let it simmer for about 5 to 6 minute.
- Serve hot with rice and pappadam.