Udon Noodle Hot Pot.
You can cook Udon Noodle Hot Pot using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Udon Noodle Hot Pot
- It’s 1 1/5 of litres Dashi stock.
- Prepare 1 of prawn tempura, squid tempura, etc. Filling ingredients of your choice.
- Prepare 100 ml of Kaeshi sauce (see below).
- You need 3 of portions Udon noodles.
- Prepare of Kaeshi Sauce.
- Prepare 150 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 50 ml of Tamari soy sauce (I used tamari soy sauce for sashimi).
- Prepare 70 ml of Mirin.
- You need 5 grams of Bonito flakes.
- Prepare 60 grams of Demerara sugar (if you want it on the sweet side, increase by 10 g).
Udon Noodle Hot Pot instructions
- Add the mirin to a pot and boil to evaporate the alcohol. Add the sugar and dissolve. Add the 2 kinds of soy sauce and bring to the boil. Add the bonito flakes, turn off the heat, and stir..
- Strain to remove the bonito flakes, and your kaeshi sauce is finished. (Alternatively, you can put the bonito flakes in a tea strainer and remove it once the mixture is done)..
- Pour the dashi stock and kaeshi sauce into an earthenware pot and heat until simmering. Add the filling ingredients, starting with ingredients that will take longest to cook, such as root vegetables. When they become slightly tender, add the udon noodles and other ingredients..
- It's ready to eat once everything is cooked to your liking! I used spinich, but boiled it in advance and only added it at the end to simmer for a very short amount of time. Otherwise, it might have colored the whole-hot pot green!.